Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cleaning out the Closet

I have had sick kids since Friday, and I am about ready to scream.  I have been trying to make the best of it and finally tackled cleaning out my closet on Saturday.  I ended up with 5 garbage bags to take to D.I.  I am semi-horrified that I managed to get rid of this much stuff and still my closet is not empty.  I have such a hard time getting rid of clothes.  It is crazy because it's not like I feel any emotional attachement to them.  I just always keep thinking I might wear it.  This time I really tried to get rid of anything I don't regularly wear.  I found a couple of things I had completely forgotten about, a sweater that I wore to church on Sunday that is especially cute and I had only worn 2 or 3 times.  The entire time I was going through stuff I had to keep telling myself that getting rid of the stuff I don't or can't wear makes it so I can actually buy new stuff.  It feels great to have gotten rid of that much stuff, now the trick will be if I can stay on top of it.

No comments: