Thursday, April 22, 2010

Homemade Bagels

I know this seems like a crazy thing to make from scratch, but they are seriously wonderful!  They are actually surprisingly easy to make.  The dough is one of the simplest I have ever made.  You have to have a little time to wait for the bread to rise between the steps, but nothing about it is difficult.  Honestly, I have the most trouble with making sure they don't burn because the recipe says to bake them for 30 minutes.  Mine start to get burnt if they go past 20 minutes.  Here is a link to the recipe.  Like I said before, I don't let mine cook past 20 minutes and the last time I made them I made sure to flip them over halfway through and it kept them from getting too dark on the bottom.  These really are so fresh and yummy you will stop wanting to buy them.  I was at Costco this week and saw the bagels and they are cheap enough that I went to grab some and then I thought, naw, I'd rather just make some of my own this week, they taste so good!

No comments: