Monday, August 23, 2010

Another New Back to School Tradition

I found this idea on a blog I was reading the other day and thought it sounded perfect for our Family Home Evening tonight, which also happened to be the first day of school.  Here is the link for the origninal post.  During the day I made these cookies:
They are regular old sugar cookies cut out in hand shapes.  I found the cookie cutter at Spoons and Spice today, and it cost less than $1.  Then you put a Hershey's Kiss in the middle of the palm while the cookie is hot.  We read the book "The Kissing Hand" by Audrey Penn and talked about how no matter what happens at school our kids need to remember that we, their mom and dad, love them and we also talked about how their Heavenly Father loves them too.  Then we got to eat the cookies.  I was surprised at how much my kids liked the sugar cookies plain with the addition of the Hershey's Kiss.  They were all about making these cookies a yearly tradition.

No comments: