Saturday, October 23, 2010

Canning for a Beginner


I am so lucky to live down the street from my husband's aunt.  She has recently retired and it is wonderful!  I have really wanted to attempt canning, but although I have watched a friend once or twice, I just didn't feel like I was ready to attempt the task on my own.  Anyway, Sherry went to the Farmer's Market with me Friday morning and said she would help me make applesauce out of my giant box of Jonathan apples.  It turned out so yummy and it really wasn't hard, just time consuming.   Although deciding to do a quadruple batch of a new green tomatillo Salsa recipe that Sherry got from another neice added a signifcant amount of time to the project.  The salsa and the applesauce turned out amazing!  I'm so glad she was willing to show me how to can and I think I will definitely be doing it again.

No comments: