Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Crazy Life

My house is a complete disaster.  We are finally done with our fireplace remodel, but we have a few loose ends left to tie up before everything is back to normal.  My husband needs to wall mount the t.v.  I need to seal the tile and build some shelves so that the cable box doesn't have to hang out on the floor and I need to figure out where I want to hang all the pictures and stuff back up.  In the meantime, both my girls got a really nasty virus and passed it to me.  Then everyone got secondary infections, Brynne ended up with an ear infection, Paige got croup and I think both Paige and I ended up with sinus infections.  My girls have been completely miserable and as a result very needy and whiny and Paige had the steriod shot for croup which has made her completely grumpy on top of the sickness.  It is been nonstop crying around here.  I have to admit my patience level has been zero because I haven't felt good either.  We did happen to have a couple books from the library that we have loved, so although I would really like to post a beautiful finished product fireplace remodel picture, it may not come for a little while.  In the meantime, check out these fun princess books.

Snow White and the Seven DwarfsSnow White and the Seven Dwarfs by Laura Ljungkvist


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I saw a review for this version on a blog and I absolutely love the illustrations. I love the simplicity of the retelling. It is not nearly as scary as the Disney version. The ending was a little different, but I think I like it that way. We checked this out from the library, but I definitely plan on adding to our own library.




View all my reviews

Walt Disney's CinderellaWalt Disney's Cinderella by Cynthia Rylant


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I picked this up on our last trip to the library because I loved the picture and because I am a fan of Cynthia Rylant. I'm so glad I picked it up. I love that the illustrations are reminiscent of the Disney movie version, but re-imagined. I liked Rylant's retelling. Again it was fairly close to the Disney version, but enough updates to keep you reading.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

silly eagle books said...

We love this book so much (snow white)!