Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My favorite Time Savers for the New Year

 I discovered this when I saw a video here.  I have been using baby powder so that I don't have to wash my hair everyday, but this stuff is amazing.  It has given me an extra day without washing my hair and I love it!  It is Rockaholic by TIGI and is called Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo.  The best part, I just so happened to find it in the salon at Wal-mart and it was buy one get one half off.  It was right before Christmas and I didn't have time to go searching at a beauty supply place or regular salon.  Wahoo!
 I know, these are nothing new, your basic Clorox wipes, but I have suddenly discovered that my kids are far more likely to do chores when I give them Clorox wipes to do them.  Don't ask me why that is so different, but I'm telling you, it works like a charm and they do a much better job.  Even my 18 month old will "help"  with a wipe.
 Okay, so I am a huge fan of Becky Higgins' Project Life.  I bought the kit last year and I have found that in 2010 I actually scrapbooked.  I didn't take a picture and journal about it every day, but I did it a lot of days.  I got a little behind at the end of the year and have been playing catch-up the last week or so, but I am amazed, I have a whole album full of stuff we did last year.  It is the perfect way to make recording your family's day-to-day life simple.  This is the first page in my new 2011 book.  I have been taking pictures and will have them all printed every few weeks.  It's no big deal if I get a day or two behind, I can just start where I left off.  You don't need to get out boxes and boxes of stuff to use it.  It comes with everything you need and if you want to make it fancier, you can add a few things here or there or you can just leave it alone.  It is amazing!
My biggest time saver of the new year is that I got to take off my air cast!  Happy dance!!!! (okay, so it is a very slow and careful happy scoot, but it is joyful).  My doctor told me yesterday that I don't have to wear the boot anymore.  I am getting around pretty good.  I am a little slow and rather limpy, but I can do it!  Happy new year to me!  The next step will be getting to wear real shoes!

1 comment:

Team Beardshall said...

Yeah to shoes!!!! That scrapbook kit looks totally awesome! You make me laugh....good luck with your shuffle! We need to get together soon!