Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day Party

For Valentine's Day we decided to host a family dinner.  The rule was the food had to be heart shaped or pink or red.  We had a great time.  Here are some pictures of some of the food we ate:

 I made chicken patties and we cut a heart out of them with a cookie cutter.  One of my sister-in-laws made the most awesome flourescent pink mashed potatoes.  They will definitely be a stand-out in everyone's memory. 

 Another sister-in-law made these darling heart shaped jello's.  She also made rolls in a heart shape, unfortunately I didn't get a picture before the kids dug in and ruined the heart shape. 
For desert we had heart shaped chocolate waffles with strawberries and whipped cream and valentine sprinkles.

1 comment:

Team Beardshall said...

Dang...I wish it was our side that got to do a fun party like that! Very cleaver....and even though I am sure the potatoes were yummy that would totally throw you off eating pink ones!