Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin

Where the Mountain Meets the MoonWhere the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I saw a review for this book on a blog I follow. I then happened to see it sitting out on a display in the children's section at the library, so I grabbed it. I absolutely loved this book. I definitely plan on reading it to my kids. It is a simple story, the author describes as being inspired by Chinese fairy tales she read as a child. The author of the blog I saw the book on said that she loved the book because it illustrated values she wanted to teach her children. I agree! This book focuses on finding happiness and contentment with your life. It also illustrates the joy found in family. It was a quick and easy read and would make a great family read aloud.




View all my reviews

No comments: