Friday, February 26, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know it is sad to say, but really, these cookies practically count as vegetable at our house!  I know it is pathetic, but I admit it, my kids are picky, especially my son.  I'll take my vegetables where I can get them!  I know everyone has heard of this easier than easy recipe, but sometimes I forget about it.  I didn't make these cookies forever and then I remembered them and lately we have been making them regularly because my kids seriously shovel them in.  I know, all you perfectly healthy folks who don't do sugar or chocolate will disagree, but in my book, these are as healthy a treat as you can get.   All it takes to make them is 2 boxes of spice cake mix, one of the big cans of pumpkin, and some chocolate chips.  A friend gave me the tip to use the mini-chocolate chips because you can get away with using less.  I dump the cake mixes and pumpkin in a big bowl and use a spatula to mix it all.  It takes a bit of serious mixing, but once it is all incorporated, add your chocolate chips.  Use your cookie size ice cream scoop and drop the dough onto your cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.  You end up with about 60 cookies and happy kids! 

No comments: