Friday, February 5, 2010

Olivia the Pig by Ian Falconer

I've said this before, but one of Paige's favorite books is Olivia, by Ian Falconer.  Today she was begging for a project "like when we made the mitten", so I did a search for 'Olivia the pig activities' and immediately came across this link.  The link is to a pdf of Olivia paper dolls.  We read the book and then went to work cutting.  I cut out the paper doll and clothes and Paige had a great time using kiddie scissors to cut out the miniature Olivia book covers.   Have you ever watched a child trying to learn to use scissors?  It is amazing to see all the ways they attempt to use them.  Paige is only 3, so of course I made sure to supervise, but I let her do it completely by herself, which she loves.  She shredded the paper into little bits and then we spent some time trying all the outfits on Olivia. 

1 comment:

The Hardy's said...

We love Olivia--thanks for the link!