Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Scrapbooking

I have been using a scrapbooking system that I really like and that I feel like I can keep up with fairly easily and tells the story of our family.  I posted about it here.  Unfortunately, it is just one book, so there is no way my kids can have something of their own to take with them.  I recently came across this post.
I loved this idea and decided to try it out myself.  The author of the blog I came across calls it a combination of a journal and a scrapbook.  I found some cheap sketchbooks at Wal-Mart and used some metal embellishments I already had, along with some rub-ons in my stash.  I glued the embellishments on with E6000 glue (amazing stuff) and that was it.  I also got a couple of my new favorite pens.  They are fine point sharpies, that don't bleed through the page.  Love them!  Anyway, I have been trying to write something about each child at least once a week and if there is some little thing that I want to keep for them, I just stick on the page with some scrapbook adhesive.  For example, Blake's teacher sent him a cute Thank-you note after school got out, I wanted to save it, so I just stuck in his journal/scrapbook.  It is a system that finally seems to be working for me. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scrapbooking is a method for preserving personal and family history in the form of photographs, printed media, and memorabilia contained in decorated albums ......
Patchwork Books

Rob Dog said...

This is such a good idea! I kind of did one like this for like Hayd's first year but have not been so great lately! Good idea, and reminder!