Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Broken Camera Lens

I think I just may lose my mind if I can't get my camera lens back shortly.  On the 3rd of July I realized my camera lens was broken.  I have Nikon D40, nothing super fancy, but I love it and use it nearly daily.  Unfortunately, I have never gotten any other lenses besides the 18-55mm kit lens that came with it.  I about died when I found out it was broken.  It took all kinds of research to decide if I should fix it or buy something new or what.  I found out that the 18-55mm lens was a great versatile lens and only $100, so after debating for a week or two, my husband said, just go into Inkleys and buy a new one.  Inkley's had told me that it wasn't worth fixing because a new one was only $100 when I went in to talk to them.  When I went in a few days later, after searching online and realizing I couldn't find that lens anywhere online for anything close to $100, I was told, "You can't just buy that lens, it only comes in the kit with the camera, which is not even available any more".  Are you kidding me!  Anyway, the search started over.  I have checked into every option, including buying an entire new camera and I have finally taken it to a place here locally that fixes lenses for a fairly reasonable price, but their wait time is at least 2 weeks and now they are waiting for a part to come from Nikon.  I have essentially lost the entire month of July for pictures.  I am realizing that I really need at least a little back-up point and shoot.  I have several craft projects that I am dying to post about here and I can't because I can't take any pictures, not to mention the fact that I can't take any pictures of my kids and during this time my baby has started walking.  When I talked to the camera shop today, they said the part only has to come from California, but Nikon randomly will have parts on backorder and it might take 3 or 4 weeks.  I really don't know what I am going to do if it doesn't come soon!

1 comment:

Team Beardshall said...

BIG time bummer for sure! I cant wait until we can start shooting again! Fingers crossed it's fast!