Monday, July 26, 2010

Vacation?

We took a little weekend trip to Park City this last week.  The trip itself was great, unfortunately it did not end well.  We planned to come home Saturday night.  My 3 year old, Paige, was swimming at the hotel pool with my husband Saturday morning,  while I was shopping at the nearby outlet mall.  Mid-shopping trip I got a call from my husband saying Paige needed stitches.  She had been jumping off the side of the pool and turned and hit her chin on the side of the pool.  It was a nasty gash and really deep.  I ended up taking her down to Primary Children's Hospital where she ended up with 3 interior stitches because it was so deep and 10 outside stitches.  She was a trooper though and for her the worst part is that she can't go to swimming lessons or the pool for 2 weeks.  Once we got home and started to unpack, we thought we had seen the worst of what the day had to offer.  Boy were we wrong.  That evening, my 8 year old started throwing up and didn't stop all night.  Before I went to bed, I checked on my 1 year old.  She had thrown up all over her crib and had to be woken up and bathed and her sheets changed.  Then I finally fell asleep only to wake up and throw up myself!  Why oh why must vacations always involve blood and throw-up!  I think I'm staying home for awhile!

2 comments:

Wendy Olson said...

I am so sorry that it all ended so badly. I am just glad that we don't have it here!!! I hope things go better this week. If it makes you feel any better we had kind of a bad week last week too!

Team Beardshall said...

Oh my goodness. It seems like you and Wendy had a pretty great week last week.....I say that with sarcasm!!!!! I am glad we got to see you, just sad it wasn't for longer. Tell Paige that she is a trooper! We love you!