Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Irony

This week I finally broke down and bought a new point and shoot camera.  You can see that I was finally able to take some pictures of the projects I have been working on lately.  I found a great little camera that I got for $69.99, it is a Kodak Easy Share M341.  It is teeny, tiny and will be great to take all those places that I don't want to have to worry about my big camera.  The irony is that I finally got it and got it working so I could take pictures today.  Immediately I got a call saying my lens was finally fixed and I could pick it up.  Now that I have missed nearly the entire summer of picture taking, I have two working cameras.  LOVELY!

In other news, these are pictures of two projects I have had a lot of fun with lately.  The first is a garland I made to use on my decorative shelf for the patriotic holidays.  It was super easy and turned out darling.  It took a little time, but was the perfect brainless activity to work on in front of the T.V.  I found the tutorial at  The Crafty Crow and they got it from Saltwater Kids.  I made my flags a little bit bigger, I used an index card as a guide and I also used my sewing machine to stitch the flags to the twine.  Other than that, I pretty much followed the tutorial. 

The second picture is a cedar chest I bought on KSL.com.  A few weeks ago I decided that I needed something to keep my shoes in because my closet is so small.  I thought a cedar chest would be perfect.  I have always wanted one, so I headed to KSL.com .  I quickly found the cheapest one I could find that was realtively close to my house.  The outside was a little beat up, but that didn't matter because I planned on painting it anyway.  I followed the tips found at http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/
I spray painted it with Kiltz spraypaint primer, then spraypainted it with Krylon aqua and used the tips for glazing and it turned out great!  It was so much easier than I expected and I am thrilled with the results!  I definitely see more furniture painting and glazing in my future.  It was fun and completely rewarding!

2 comments:

brooke said...

I'm totally impressed with both projects and neither one would have been easy for me!

Team Beardshall said...

I love the dresser. You have found some pretty great things on KSL lately. I am still totally jealous of your couch!!!! Glad that you got a new camera and that your other is finally fixed!!!