Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Olivia the Pig


When I turned 25 years old, I was team teaching first grade with one of my best friends. As a birthday gift, my friend gave me the book Olivia by Ian Falconer. That was 8 years ago, at that point I didn't have any children of my own and I had no idea how important Olivia would be! Now I have a nearly 3 year old daughter who I think may actually be Olivia! She loves the books. I am so glad my friend gave me the first book clear back then because otherwise I probably would not have begun reading it to my daughter and I would have missed out on so much! If you haven't heard of her before, Olivia is a pig with a whole lot of spunk! She is full of creativity and imagination and causes lots of trouble. She also has a whole lot of advice about brothers. Nickelodeon has made a fantastic cartoon series of Olivia that we DVR regularly at our house. It is a little tricky to find, in our neck of the woods it is only on NickJr in the afternoons during nap time, so we just have our DVR set to record all the episodes. If you have a daughter who likes dress ups and can occassionally find herself in some trouble, you need to read Olivia together!

No comments: