Sunday, January 17, 2010

Looking for a great Regency Romance?

The Grand Sophy
I just finished reading The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer.  It was such a fun book.  If you are looking for a good clean romance, this is for you.  My cousin recommended it on GoodReads so I picked it up.  It was the perfect light read.  I love to read and my biggest pet peeve is getting part way through a really good book and realizing it is full of trash.  It probably won't win any awards for the most ingenious novel.  I have read several of Georgette Heyer's books, and they are a bit of Jane Austen knock-offs, but I am totally okay with that.  In fact I fully embrace Jane Austen knock-offs.  My only irritation is with the authors who claim to be writing Jane Austen style books and completely run in a different direction.  I can't remember the book I started that was suppossed to be something to do with Pride and Prejudice and the author completely ruined the story.  None of the characters keep the type of values that Jane Austen promoted, it just made me crazy!  I finally gave up.  Anyway, The Grand Sophy was great!  By the way, I am always looking for great new books to read.  I love http://www.goodreads.com/ because I am constantly able to see what other people are reading and it gives me ideas of what to read next.  If you haven't joined, do it!  Then add me as your friend!

No comments: