Friday, May 14, 2010

A Home for the Mermaids

We got mini Barbie mermaids in the happy meals at McDonalds yesterday.  Paige was so excited.  On the way home I mentioned that I thought I had some fabric we could use to make a sea for the mermaids.  I shouldn't have mentioned it because of course to a 3 year old that means it has to be done immediately.  After lots of asking, I finally got around to it this morning after Brynne went down for her nap.  We used a bunch of leftover felt scraps and the "beach" is some leftover Warm and Natural batting.  Trying to come up with stuff that mermaids use is rather difficult.  When I first suggested that we make some "beach towels" that could also be pockets to store the mermaids in, I was informed that mermaids don't use beach towels.  I finally convinced her that they sometimes need them to dry their hair.  You can't really see it, but I sewed a ribbon on the back so that I can roll the whole thing up and tie it for storage and carrying around.  By the way, I have about had it with the rain!  I am smack in the middle of an outdoor spray painting project and the rain is really causing me problems. 

2 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

That is the cutest ever! You are very creative! It's amazing what you can do with leftover scraps!

Jessica Downey said...

I saw your comment about photography on Becky Higgins' blog, and just wanted to let you know that I'll be in Utah this summer for travel sessions, in case you're interested! See my blog for more details...



http://sierrastudiosphotography.blogspot.com/