Sunday, May 30, 2010

Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner

I realized today that it had been a long time since I posted about a favorite book.  Lately the kids and I have been laughing our heads off about this one.  I've had this book for a long time, maybe from clear back to when I was teaching and getting book order books, I'm not quite sure.  I have heard great things about it off and on, but I remember trying to read it to Blake one time when he was little and thinking it wasn't that great.  I really have no idea what was wrong with me!  Paige picked it out to read a while ago and it is just hilarious!  I don't know if the problem was that I just didn't get into it and try and do the voices and stuff with Blake or what.  I can't for the life of me figure out why I wouldn't have just loved this book.  It is a story about a siamese cat who thinks he is a chihuahua and does all kinds of crazy stuff.  One caveat, if you are going to read this book you need to be prepared to really get into it.  You need to be willing to read it doing the funny voices and everything or you will lose out in a big way.  I am sure that must have been my problem previously.  The more kids I have the less self conscious I become ( I have yet to decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing).  I know there are several more books about Skippyjon that I haven't got.  I'm thinking that will be something to check out at the library this summer.

4 comments:

The Hardy's said...

We love the Skippyjon Jones books and you MUST read it with a funny accent--it's hilarious!

Marken Hadda said...

Hi Dear
This blog is very effective for many purpose.So i like very much.............................
Patchwork Books

Heidi said...

Marken, thanks for your nice comments!

Team Beardshall said...

Im going to have to try this one. Voices is one of my specialities!!!! And who doesn't love books about animals? Thanks Heidi! Maybe we can read it to Katy on Thursday!